Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Custom calligraphy

Recently while reading through my daily bloglist, I saw a post on Matters of Style mention a local etsy crafter who did custom stamps in calligraphy. I thought this would be a great idea to do a small stamp of my name on the front page of the books in my library. It came in the mail yesterday and I couldn't be happier with it!

I dealt with Trialbycupcakes, who was so easy to work with and let me create the stamp sans address. Thats one of the great things about etsy, you're generally dealing with people who work out of their homes as a small business and they can help you get what you're looking for. I will probably use the stamp for other uses as well, but now time to head to the store to get an assortment of different colored stamp pads!

13 comments:

pve design said...

I had a stamp made by an etsy artist too and what a great experience! I love this personalized stamp for gift tags or home made treats.
You get my stamp of approval. You have a nice name for a brand or a shop.
pve

Kerry Steele- Design du Monde said...

So nice that you like it. I was thinking of getting one too but I thought the whole name + address might be too big. I love the name only idea

Matters of Style said...

That blogger would be yours truly :-) I also ordered my stamp from trialbycupcakes and it turned out perfectly! I love yours too!

Jane Kilpatrick Schott said...

I got a return address stamp from etsy and LOVE IT! You have easily convince me to move forward and order another....hmmmm, what should it be?

Summer is a Verb said...

Omg, I'd like one of those stamps to carry around on my key ring for every time I'm asked to sign a receipt! XXOO

24 Corners said...

The stamp is wonderful...such a fun and classic idea...I think every surface of your home needs to watch out!
xo J~

Thomas Hogglestock said...

Oh I might have to do something like this.

home before dark said...

Quite a nifty little item. On a rainy day you could make your own "signature" wallpaper!

Acanthus and Acorn said...

Stefan,
That is fantastic and the one you designed for yourself is really beautiful.

I've always had a custom stamp for letters and cards with our last name and address, but I just love your idea of stamping your books!!! I think I am going to need one of these too, thanks for sharing the information
~R.

Renée Finberg said...

i want one!!!
great product.
xxx

No Sacrifice Bags said...

Oh I love this! Your name looks great in calligraphy.
Thanks for posting about this, I am definitely going to get one for myself.

Leah Moss said...

Stefan! You made my day, thanks so much for sharing your source. I've been looking for exactly this. Lovely!

The House That Lars Built said...

what a brilliant idea!