Monday, November 15, 2010

Cabin fever

I spent the past weekend in a blissfully remote cabin in West Virginia. The scenery was so stunning I had to share it with you all!
As we were up in the mountains, fall is nearly over and the air is crisp with the anticipation of winter. I just love the crunch of the leaves beneath your feet and the smell of camp fires.
These are the views from the cabin where I spent most of my time napping; in between reading and munching on peanut m&m's with cups of tea for good measure!
You never know what you'll find down a lonely country road.
Unfortunately the weather was a bit chilly to be using the screen porch but the fireplace inside saw a lot of action!
We didn't even need to use the dinner bell, no one wandered very far.
Next time, we'll leave the light on for you! Tomorrow, back to much more glamorous locations in Barcelona.

12 comments:

Francine Gardner said...

The is the ideal week- end. I even like cold weather for a long brisk walk.

David Toms said...

I th country, cabins and the such and sometimes the architecture is just as wonderful as say Barcelona in its own special way.

Kwana said...

So serene. Gorgeous.

Southgate said...

I grew up in West Virginia...beautiful scenery! What part were you in?

I've had cabin fever myself lately...I keep coming across things that would be perfect in a little getaway house like that.

Yuri-Alex Niso said...

The scenery is something else! A relaxing remote weekend getaway sounds like the remedy to everything.

Hill House Ramblings said...

Gorgeous scenery. Love that dinner bell!

H.H.

ArchitectDesign™ said...

Southgate -it was in Lost River, WV -near Baker.

magnaverde said...

I've enjoyed your photos of Barcelona, but these are ones that really to speak to me. They show not what I'd like to see, but where I want to be. With no fireplace in my apartment & leaf-burning ilegal in Chicago, I'm suffering from a serious case of wood smoke deprivation.

ArchitectDesign™ said...

MV, there are some great wood smoke candles out there, especially the one we're all thinking of from Diptyque!
I seriously wish my apartment had a fireplace as well.

quintessence said...

Stunning - what a beautiful part of the country! I grew up with a dinner bell - what memories!!

Janet said...

So glad you had a glorious weekend! xo

No Sacrifice Bags said...

Almost heaven!