Saturday, October 30, 2010

Bridges of Paris

Paris may be the city of lights but is also a city of bridges.
One of the best ways to explore the city is to walk along the river. The bridges provide excellent viewpoints to see the monuments of the town.
Some of the bridges themselves have become tourist attractions!
I guess this makes the bridges happy? This statues smile is broader than a mile.
I'm heading to Barcelona later this week with friends for a wedding so travel has been on my mind lately. I've been revisiting my photos from Paris last year; So much beauty that I had to share it with you here today.
Even something as simple as a light post can become a work of art.
Enjoy your Halloween weekend, everyone!

9 comments:

C. Anne said...

Paris is the gift that keeps on giving! The only other place where I felt truly awed by the beautiful bridges was when I was in St Petersburg, criss crossing over the Neva river. Those were a sight to behold too.

24 Corners said...

Paris is so beautiful...inside & out! Have a wonderful time in Barcelona! xo J~

Linda Merrill said...

Great pics Stefan - thanks for the reminders of how beautiful just those small details are. Have a great trip to Barcelona - hope you have time to sight see and take more photos!

Mel said...

I had a brief 2 days to visit Paris way back in June of '92. Crossing Pont Alexandre III, I passed by a photo shoot with a tall, leggy blonde model. Six months later I was back in the Twin Cities and saw a photo from that shoot on a bus kiosk in Minneapolis. It was a great little déja vu moment.

Unknown said...

Have a wonderful time in Barcelona!!! These photos are spectacular and take me back to Paris! SHe is a grand city!! I love the second to last photo, it looks like the perfect spot for a couture photo shoot!
xoxo
Judith~

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos. Paris's bridges really are something else. I am always a sucker for that gilding as well.

I was on the Pont Alexandre III recently taking photos - http://bbonthebrink.blogspot.com/2010/10/paris-lampposts-are-not-banal.html - as I've become obsessed with Parisian lampposts.

The lampposts on that bridge are something else. I've cycled across that bridge so many times and haven't really paid attention before which is hard to believe. Taking photos of the City of Lights has really opened up my eyes.

Viacheslav said...

Paris - probably one of the most romantic cities in the world. Thanks for the pictures, as if once again been there. (sorry for my bad english…)

Design Elements said...

b e a u t i f u l !!!

Anonymous said...

Stefan,Thanks for reminding me of Paris. I think it is the most beautiful city I have visited. These photos make we want to go back!!
Have a great time in Barcelona. Can you see me turn green with envy?
xs