Monday, March 30, 2009

Barry Dixon at Timothy Paul

This past thursday I attended the DC launch party of Barry Dixon's rug collection at Timothy Paul. I had been in the bedding and home store of Timothy Paul up the street but had never been into the carpet showroom so I was excited to see it! I had always admired their throw pillows they had in the window, I was happy to see them up close -so beautiful!!
We got there really early, straight from work, and got to take some pictures before the party started and talked to Barry Dixon a bit about his inspiration behind most of the collection. All of the different designs are very personal to Barry, picked up from his travels. Ideas came from pieces of tooled leather picked up in bazaars and the pattern of leaves on a forest floor.
The colors are all beautiful, muted tones without being bland. Many of the rugs are available in different color-ways as well.
His beautiful book was also on display: I was at the book launch party for that and blogged about it HERE.
While Dixon's were the primary focus, a few others not by the designer were also featured. I loved this deep rich reddish-orange rug.
If you're ever in DC, visit Timothy Paul -the rug showroom is only a block away from the bedding and home store. Visit them online HERE.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Will have to go check it out!!