Saturday, September 13, 2008

speaking of baths: can't live without!

I always love to hear people's favs and try new things. My favorite part of any magazine is a section of people's '10 things I can't live without'. I love to then try out the new products! What do you have in your bath that you can't live without?
I love my daily shower: I am not a morning person and this really wakes me up and gives me energy till I get my first cup of tea and breakfast. This is a picture of my shower musts (taken in my shower this morning, we're getting personal here on architectdesign!)
I use Kiehl's amino acid shampoo -I love it. light, non greasy, great light scent - I follow up with kiehl's conditioner 133 -a great basic conditioner for people with dry hair like me. Doesn't leave any residue and leaves my hair soft (without a lot of fragrance!).
In warmer weather I use bath and body works coconut lime verbena bodywash -it reminds me so much of the beach and suntan lotion! The scent brings me to the beach everytime I use it. In the winter I use a St. Ives moisturizing body wash because of my dry skin- these are both inexpensive, smell great and work great.
I use a biore facewash -also inexpensive and does a great job. It has eucalyptus or something in it and tingles and smells great. I've used this since high school when a dermotologist recommended it. I decant it into this stainless steel container because I hate the ugly packaging it comes in. The last thing I want to see in the morning is an ugly package. I like a nice clean and simple presentation for my product, don't you?
Now tell me -what products do you use and love????

6 comments:

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

L'aromarine Bubble Baths...in Vanilla or Oceane.

Penhaligon's Quercus Bubble Bath and Soap.

Caswell-Massey Cucumber Soap.

Johnson and Johnson Baby Powder.

Glycerine Jasmine Body Lotion.

ArchitectDesign™ said...

oh yes, good one, PTE! I LOVE caswell-massey cucumber soap!

Anonymous said...

Mediterranean Spa's Olive Oil body butter!!!!! It's so clean smelling and keeps my dry skin in mint condition.

David said...

Bumble & Bumble Seaweed shampoo for me, mostly for the smell. What hair I do have I get buzzed down every other Thursday, so no conditioner necessary.

My bodywash is L'Occitane's 4 Voleurs. Clean and sort of lemony and good.

pve design said...

I love anything with a splash of citrus -
Love Trader Joe's - "Refresh" - Citrus Shampoo and Conditioner
REN Neroli Oil and Grapefruit Body Wash and Cream.
Neutrogena Facial Cleanser.

I also use fresh lemons in summer and a pumpkin scrub in the Fall ---

Anonymous said...

Cosmetic-wise: Ren's Mayblossom and Blue Cypress Balancing Facial Cleansing Gel, Duchy's Rose & Mandarin Shampoo & conditioner. Kings&Queen Myrrh Shower Gel and BodyShop's bathgloves (no need for body scrub!) and either Camelia Oil or Bio Oil. I used to be devoted to Obagi skincare but since I fell pregnant, I realise that they were full of unnecessary chemicals harmful to foetuses and babies alike. I switched to organic cosmetics free of parabens since then. I can't live without Lavera baby suncream SPF30.
Funnily enough my skin looks better now than when I was spending thousands of $$$ on it.