Monday, February 25, 2008

SAVE THE MOUNT!!

I just want to post a plea for help for the people at the MOUNT - Edith Wharton's estate. I recently read about this on Pigtown's blog; This is on my top 10 places to visit and I sincerely hope they don't have to foreclose! I am making a donation today and hope that everyone who reads this does the same! Even just a little bit! Edith Wharton basically started the interior design movement and brought great design down to the masses to enjoy! Her home was her laboratory and it's so imporant that this remains open to the public. Our history is our future. Make a donation please! Send in a check or call and make a credit card donation (thats my plan). More information on their website at

1 comment:

Scott Fazzini said...

Thank you for posting about this very important cause. I'm not sure if many people know about Edith Wharton's amazing talents outside of writing. The Mount is a great example of her inherent ability to produce all things beautiful. I am going to send an e.newsletter to all of my clients to try to raise awareness.